Tuesday, April 2, 2013

No Place Like Home

The good thing about living far away from your friends & family is the time you get to spend catching up while you're visiting. For Easter, I made the trip home to Rhode Island for a long weekend. I love going home to Rhode Island, not only because of the people there, but because it is such a welcome change of pace from the city. Not to mention, it's a beautiful place no matter what the season.

After a busy day of shopping with mom, I headed to a new hibachi restaurant in Slatersville, RI, a few minutes away from my childhood home, with some friends for dinner. We spent the night laughing over our very fun hibachi chef, grilled veggies, and of course, sake! It was a great end to a really wonderful day....and to top it, definitely didn't break the bank.

If you're in the northern Rhode Island area be sure to check it out. It's the perfect night for a group night out.



Seeing family and friends always reminds me how difficult relationships are to keep as you get older, and how rare it is to have such special people in your life. It's only as I see the people around me experience things in their lives- new jobs, marriages, children, loss- that I realize how lucky I am to be able to be a part of those moments. And even more amazing, is knowing they will be there during mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment